Drip drip drip

Caught on the Barbed Wire of Sensation

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

YAKATTACK!!


Why I Want a Pet Yak


1. Because bovine is in my nature, and rather than being ashamed, I am proud to admit that. There is a reason, for example, that the cow is sacred in India, and unlike my canine pets here in the US, a pet yak in India would probably be allowed to accompany me to restaurants and other public venues. I can see it now . . . me and my yak, lounging around and munching on a salad. I wonder if yaks like cilantro and chilies.

2. Because I could save on my heating bill. I could just build a barn and sleep in there among the glorious soft tresses of my beautifully soft yak. Yak fibers are well known for being downy soft . . . which leads me to my next item . . .

3. I could spin, knit and sell yak fiber. Just think of the niche market for yak hats and yakkats.

4. I can dress up my yak for holidays and also just for fun. I looks like they like it!


5. Because yaks are our friends.

6. Because I can finally participate in the sport known as yak racing. No, I did not make that up.

No comments: