Drip drip drip

Caught on the Barbed Wire of Sensation

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Speedos, Ambidexterity, Rankism (SARs- It's a disease)



SPEEDOS, or BRIEF-STYLE SWIMSUIT (BSS)

Why I like to use the brand name rather than BSS: because it rhymes with cheeto, and cheetos are cheesy, like speedos.

So what's the deal with speedos? They're just plain wrong.

Are you an Olympic athlete? I didn't think so, Mr. I'm-too-sexy-for-my-shorts. It's just too high-def. It's not about me. It's about you and the unflattering way you choose to present yourself, really, like on a platter garnished with *berries* (never mind if that's your intention and it's not in public . . . )

What is it about speedos that reveal more than actual nudity? Nudity = natural. Speedos = abomination. It's because for many men, speedos press and create bulge, and not the good kind. It's like, "Oh look, here's what my butt looks like in a spandex vice! Isn't that nice?" It's also a pubic hair peak-a-boo show with hair sprouting uncomfortably from the groin, like weeds creeping through the cracks of a driveway.

Speedos should be used for utility, i.e. to make one more aerodynamic. There are exceptions here, but they generally don't apply. That being said, one should abstain, abstain, abstain.

AMBIDEXTERITY

What is it with the freaky people (person) writing with both hands at meetings?!? I noticed. Or maybe I'm going crazy, but it's pretty, well, unusual. I thought I was special, and then there's people who can sit on either side of the table facing forward and scribble comfortably on a note pad. How convenient that must be.

RANKISM

That's right. It's what you think it is, and it's dumb. Hierarchy is good for accomplishing tasks. But not acknowledging another human being because you think they're below you in the global/social pecking order is not. It's limited. It's a limited way of life for limited people with limited views. It is the spawn of insecurity and inflated egos, common bedfellows (one of my favorite words, I'm making a note right now to use it as often as I can). Of course I complain because I am daily on the lower end of this arrangement. And I love how people who I do good work for are too good to say hello to me in the elevator. Really, is it that difficult? I actually enjoy saying hello to such people because it makes them uncomfortable to acknowledge me as a human being; it knocks they're cool, little important world out of orbit for just a moment, and one must take pleasure where one can . . .

No comments: